WHITEPAPER

It is sometime in the distant future. Humans left the planet a long long time ago. The world, devastated by the effects of global warming, has become uninhabitable for nearly all life. Surface dwelling Rats were one of the survivors. With no remaining predators, the species was free to thrive and consume all the $CHEESE left over by humanity and, over many years, they evolved into Fat Rats.

The first of their kind, The Rat king, who was a result of a genetic mutation ruled the Fat Rats and consumed the most $CHEESE. Eventually, the Fat Rats depleted the $CHEESE supply above ground and so they ventured into the Sewers in search of more. The Sewers were inhabited by weaker Sewer Rats, who were quickly overwhelmed by the intruders, forcing them to submit to The Rat King's rule.

In exchange for their lives, the Sewer Rats must now pay a tax to the Fat Rats on any $CHEESE they scavenge in the Rat Race. However, if a Sewer Rat tries to escape or a new Rat is caught (minted) the Fat Rats will attempt to lay their claim...


WHY RAT RACE?

The Rat Race is different from other risk-based protocols; you could say we are in our own lane. Why? Because you will have the opportunity to race in The Heats (Stage 1) and upgrade the skill levels of your randomly generated NFT, as well as risk having your NFT stolen or killed (burned), throughout the rest of the Race.

The skill levels of your NFT will determine the number of tokens your individual NFT earns and the final tax rate for the Sewer Rats as a species. Will you put yourself or your species first? Choose wisely as the risks are aplenty... and you could end up with nothing.


UPGRADE

Upgradeable Skills
Each type of Rat has unique skills that are upgradeable.

Unite as a species
Sewer Rats have the power of lowering tax rates and a chance of avoiding tax by upgrading their Intellect.

Fat Rats can raise the tax by upgrading their Strength.

Choose between helping your species by lowering/raising the tax rate or...

Go it alone
Empower your own Rat to earn more $CHEESE, taking it away from your own kind.

Sewer Rats can upgrade their speed and earn more $CHEESE daily than their kind.

Fat Rats can endulge themselves, upgrade their Greed, and steal more taxed $CHEESE.

RISK
Your decisions could have severe consequences for the rest of the Rat Race.


FLUID TAX RATE

The Battle
Throughout the game there will be a constant battle to set the tax rate for the Sewer Rats.

During Stage 1 (The Heats), all Rats will be able to upgrade their skills to raise or lower the tax rate.

Sewer Rats will you help your species, and upgrade your Intellect, to outsmart the Fat Rats and pay less tax?

Fat Rats will you let the Sewer Rats lower the tax rate or will you, upgrade your Strength and, strong arm them into paying more tax?

The Numbers
The formula for the fluid tax rate is:

Total Fat Rat Tax Score x 2 / Total Sewer Rats Tax Score

Total Fat Rax Tax Score = No. of Staked Fat Rats x Average Strength level

Total Sewer Rat Tax Score = No. of Staked Sewer Rats x Average Intellect level

FLUID TAX RATE
The Tax Rate will be constantly change throughout the game.

During Stage 1 (The Heats) upgrading your Intellect (Sewer Rat) or Strength (Fat Rat) will lower or raise the tax rate.

During the rest of the game, unstaking your Sewer Rat or Fat Rat will deduct from your species score, lowering or raising the tax rate.



$CHEESE

$CHEESE is the commodity up for grabs in the Rat Race and the Rats go crazy for it, they will even steal and kill for it. Sewer Rats can stake and earn a base rate of 8,000 $CHEESE daily plus 200 for each Speed level. Fat Rats can stake and earn $CHEESE from taxes paid by the Sewer Rats, this could range from 5-40% depending on the skill levels of both species.

The maximum $CHEESE supply is 6,000,000,000 $CHEESE. During Phase 1, there will be a maximum of 3,500,000,000 $CHEESE available. 700,000 $CHEESE will be allocated to Stage 1 (The Heats) and 2,800,000,000 $CHEESE to Stage 2 (The First Race) and once depleted Phase 1 will conclude.

In Phase 2, holders of Gen 0 Sewer Rats & Fat Rats will be able to freely mint 1 of 10,000 Sewer District (Land NFTs) unless your Rat is killed.

With $CHEESE in your wallet you will be able to perform the following action:
Catch a Rat (Mint)
Set 20,000 $CHEESE as bait to attempt to catch a new Rat NFT.
There is a 90% chance it will be a Sewer Rat and 10% it will be a Fat Rat.
RISK: There is a 10% chance your new NFT is stolen by a staked Fat Rat who will be selected based on their Greed level.

MINTING

The initial mint will consist of 10,000 verifiably random NFTs, for which you will have a 90% chance of minting a Sewer Rat and 10% chance of minting a Fat Rat.

The Sewer Rat and Fat Rat both have two skills and during minting you will get randomly assigned levels for these from 1 to 5.

Only Gen 0 (1 to 10,000) Rats will be able to upgrade their skills beyond level 5, if they are staked during The Heats (Stage 1). Upgrades will only be allowed during The Heats, after which they are locked.

Gen 0 Rats will be the most powerful. The early bird gets the worm, the early Rat gets the stats.

Once all 4 heats are complete, The First Race (Stage 2) will begin, minting with $CHEESE will be unlocked. Gen 1 Rats that are minted will have randomly assigned skill levels between 1 and 5 (like Gen 0 Rats) but they will not have a chance to upgrade them.

The costs to mint for each Token ID and Generation are detailed below.

GenToken IDCost
01 to 1,000 (Heat 1)0.05 ETH
01,001 to 3,000 (Heat 2)0.055 ETH
03,001 to 6,000 (Heat 3)0.06 ETH
06,001 to 10,000 (Heat 4)0.069420 ETH
110,001 to 20,00020,000 $CHEESE
120,001 to 30,00040,000 $CHEESE
130,001 to 40,00080,000 $CHEESE
140,001 to 50,000160,000 $CHEESE

The total cost to mint all Rats will be 2,800,000,000 $CHEESE.



PHASE 1
Stage 1:
The Heats


Phase 1: Stage 1 of the Rat Race will consist of 4 Heats and for each Heat the rewards for playing will be increasingly reduced - It really pays to be early.

Each Heat will start once the last Token ID has been minted and you must STAKE your Rat in order to play.

WARNING: Once staked, you will not be able to unstake until the end of Stage 1.

The Heats will enable you to upgrade the skills of your Rats, which will determine how much $CHEESE you earn as well as lowering or raising the tax rate.

WARNING: Your Rats skill levels will be locked at the end of Stage 1.



HEAT 1 - 1,000 Rats
The participants of Heat 1 will be Token IDs 1 - 1,000 that are STAKED, they will race until 50,000,000 $CHEESE is depleted. This equates to 50,000 $CHEESE added per Rat.

HEAT 2 - 2,000 Rats
(87.5% of Heat 1 $CHEESE per Rat)
The participants of Heat 2 will be Token IDs 1,001 - 3,000 that are STAKED, they will race until 87,500,000 $CHEESE is depleted. This equates to 43,750 $CHEESE added per Rat.

HEAT 3 - 3,000 Rats
(75% of Heat 1 $CHEESE per Rat)
The participants of Heat 3 will be Token IDs 3,001 - 6,000 that are STAKED, they will race until 112,500,000 $CHEESE is depleted. This equates to 37,500 $CHEESE added per Rat.

HEAT 4 - 4,000 Rats
(50% of Heat 1 $CHEESE per Rat)
The participants of heat 4 will be Token IDs 6,001 - 10,000 that are STAKED, they will race until 100,000,000 $CHEESE is depleted. This equates to 25,000 $CHEESE added per Rat.



Did we mention before? Like life, the Rat Race is not fair. The early Rats will have the advantage. Heat 1 Rats will have the greatest opportunity to set themselves up for what lies ahead. Heat 4 Rats will still have a greater opportunity than all Rats minted in Stage 2, do not miss out.


Stage 2:
The First Race


Phase 1: Stage 2 will begin once all 4 heats are complete and this means you will be able to mint Gen 1 Rats (Token IDs 10,001 to 50,000) with your hard earned $CHEESE.

WARNING: Fat Rats will unlock the following abilities in Phase 2:.



STEAL DURING MINT
10% chance of stealing Gen 1 Sewer Rats/Fat Rats.

STEAL DURING UNSTAKE
1-5% chance of stealing unstaked Gen 0 Sewer Rats.

KILL DURING UNSTAKE
6-10% chance of killing Gen 0 & Gen 1 Sewer Rats/Fat Rats.



RISK: If your Sewer Rat is killed (burned), you will no longer own the NFT. It will be sent to an unretrievable address.

Allowing the killing of weaker Gen 0 Rats will mean more value for the remaining holders of Gen 0 Rats as they distance themselves from Gen 1 Rats in terms of rarity and skill levels.

Gen 0 Rats will play an important role in Phase 2 and beyond as only they will be able to unlock features within the game and claim future NFTs.



STAGE 2 SUMMARY

+ The Tax Rate and Skill Upgrades will be locked.

+ Token IDs 10,001 - 50,000 will be mintable using $CHEESE.

+ When minting, Gen 1 Rats can be stolen.

+ When unstaked, Gen 0 Rats cannot be killed if their Intellect is above level 5 but they can still be stolen.

+ When unstaked, Gen 1 Rats have a chance of being killed but cannot be stolen.


THE RATS
SEWER RATS


Stake Sewer Rat (Enter Race)
Staking will enable your Sewer Rat to earn $CHEESE daily. The amount earned will vary based on the tax rate and Speed level of your Fat Rat.



Claim $CHEESE (Unlocked in Stage 2)
Attempt to claim the $CHEESE that you have accumulated from staking. You will have a 3-30% chance of avoiding paying any tax which is based on your Intellect level. This will move the $CHEESE to your wallet.



Upgrade Speed (During Stage 1)
WARNING: You can only upgrade your Rat with unclaimed $CHEESE it has earned itself. You cannot use $CHEESE from other Rats to upgrade a single Rat.

Ration (BURN) 2,500 $CHEESE to your sprint training for a chance to improve your speed and outpace the other Sewer Rats. The higher your Speed, the more $CHEESE you will earn daily but it is still taxable. This will help empower your Sewer Rat but will eat through the fixed supply of $CHEESE as well as giving more taxes to the Fat Rats.

RISK: There is a 10% chance you will be succeed, remember gains do not come overnight.

$CHEESE Base Rate = 8,000 per day

Sewer Rat Daily Income = $CHEESE Base Rate + (Speed Level x 200)

Speed LevelDaily $CHEESE
18,200
28,400
38,600
48,800
59,000
69,200
79,400
89,600
99,800
1010,000

Your Speed level will be locked at the end of Stage 1 (Phase 1) and for the duration of Stage 2 (Phase 1).
In Phase 2 and beyond, your Speed level will play an important role.



Upgrade Intellect (During Stage 1)
WARNING: You can only upgrade your Rat with unclaimed $CHEESE it has earned itself. You cannot use $CHEESE from other Rats to upgrade a single Rat.

Eat (BURN) 2,500 $CHEESE for a chance to improve your intellect and outsmart the Fat Rats. Your Intellect level has three benefits, contributes to lowering the tax rate for all Sewer Rats, gives a chance of avoiding tax and lowers the risk of having your NFT stolen or killed. Ultimately, depriving the Fat Rats of precious $CHEESE and your NFTs.

RISK: There is a 10% chance you will be succeed, after all you have the intelligence of a Rat...


When claiming $CHEESE, your chance of avoiding tax will vary between 3-30% depending on your Intellect level as shown below.

Intellect LevelChance of avoiding tax
13%
26%
39%
412%
515%
618%
721%
824%
927%
1030%

When unstaking, your Intellect level will reduce your chance of being killed (levels 1 to 5) or stolen (level 6 to 10) as shown below.

Intellect LevelOutcome when unstakingChance of outcome
1NFT Burnt (Killed)10%
2NFT Burnt (Killed)9%
3NFT Burnt (Killed)8%
4NFT Burnt (Killed)7%
5NFT Burnt (Killed)6%
6NFT Stolen (Kidnapped)5%
7NFT Stolen (Kidnapped)4%
8NFT Stolen (Kidnapped)3%
9NFT Stolen (Kidnapped)2%
10NFT Stolen (Kidnapped)1%

Your Intellect level will be locked at the end of Stage 1 (Phase 1) and for the duration of Stage 2 (Phase 1).
In Phase 2 and beyond, your Intellect level will play an important role.



Unstake Sewer Rat (Quit Race)
Abandon the Rat Race but only after being stocked up on $CHEESE. You must have at least 20,000 $CHEESE unclaimed.

RISK: The Fat Rats are always on the lookout for deserters. There is a 1-10% chance of your Sewer Rat NFT being stolen or killed. If your NFT is stolen, you will still recieve your $CHEESE but if it is killed (burned), the Fat Rat will take all your unclaimed $CHEESE.

FAT RATS


Stake (Host Race)
Staking will enable your Fat Rat to earn $CHEESE from taxes paid by the Sewer Rats. Earn your share, the amount earned will vary based on tax rate and Greed level of your Fat Rat.



Claim $CHEESE (Unlocked in Stage 2)
Recieve all the $CHEESE your Fat Rat has earned from staking with no risk. This will move the $CHEESE to your wallet.



Upgrade Greed (During Stage 1)
WARNING: You can only upgrade your Rat with unclaimed $CHEESE it has earned itself. You cannot use $CHEESE from other Rats to upgrade a single Rat.

Eat (BURN) 5,000 $CHEESE for a chance to improve your intellect and outsmart the Fat Rats. Greed indirectly increases the amount of $CHEESE a Fat Rat can earn from taxes while depriving fellow Fat Rats from $CHEESE.

RISK: There is a 10% chance you will be succeed, after all their desire for $CHEESE is already insatiable.


Your Fat Rats Greed score if used as a weighing to determine you share of the taxes.

For example if there was 150,000 $CHEESE paid in taxes and there were 10 Rats with Greed Levels 1 to 10, their earnings would be:

Greed Level$CHEESE EarnedApproximate % Increase from level 1
112,273-
212,6142.78%
312,9555.56%
413,2958.33%
513,63611.11%
613,97713.89%
714,31816.67%
814,65919.44%
915,00022.22%
1015,34125%

Your Greed level will be locked at the end of Stage 1 (Phase 1) and for the duration of Stage 2 (Phase 1).
In Phase 2 and beyond, your Greed level will play an important role.

Upgrade Strength (During Stage 1)
WARNING: You can only upgrade your Rat with unclaimed $CHEESE it has earned itself. You cannot use $CHEESE from other Rats to upgrade a single Rat.

Ration (BURN) 5,000 $CHEESE to your weight training for a chance to improve your Strength and strong-arm the Sewer Rats into paying more taxes. Strength contributes to raising the Fat Rat Tax Score which means more $CHEESE for the Fat Rats as a species.

RISK: There is a 10% chance you will be succeed, after all gains do not come overnight.

Your Strength level will be locked at the end of Stage 1 (Phase 1) and for the duration of Stage 2 (Phase 1).
In Phase 2 and beyond, your Strength level will play an important role.

Unstake (Retire)
Retire from being a gameskeeper with no risk but you will not earn any $CHEESE after doing so.



Steal during Mint
(Gen 1 Sewer Rats/Fat Rats Only)
Staked Fat Rats have a 10% chance of stealing newly minted Gen 1 Sewer Rats/Fat Rats from their owners. Their Greed level is used as a weighing when randomly selecting who receives the stolen NFT. Put simply, the higher the Greed level, the higher chance of receiving a stolen NFT.



Steal during Unstake
(Gen 0 Sewer Rats Only)
Staked Fat Rats will have a 5% chance reducing to 1% of stealing Gen 0 Sewer Rats, with Intellect levels between 6 to 10 respectively, when they are unstaked from the Rat Race. The unclaimed $CHEESE will stay with the owner however, as the Fat Rat will already have their prize.



Kill during Unstake
(Gen 0 & Gen 1 Sewer Rats/Fat Rats)
Staked Fat Rats will also have a 10% chance reducing to 6% of killing unstaked Sewer Rats (Gen 0 & Gen 1), if there Intellect level is between 1 to 5. The Fat Rats Strength level will be used as weighing when randomly selecting who dealt the final blow and they will also receive the unclaimed $CHEESE as a reward. The higher the Strength level, the higher chance of killing the Sewer Rat and claiming its $CHEESE.

WARNING: If your Sewer Rat is killed (burned), you will no longer own the NFT. It will be sent to an unretrievable address.

ActionGen/SkillPotential outcome
Minting of Gen 1 RatsGen 1NFT STOLEN
UnstakingGen 0 (Intellect 1-5)NFT KILLED
UnstakingGen 0 (Intellect 6-10)NFT STOLEN
UnstakingGen 1NFT KILLED

Rat Race Stats
Sewer Rats Minted:

?
Sewer Rats Stolen:

?
Fat Rats Minted:

?
Fat Rats Stolen:

?
Sewer Rats Staked:

?
$CHEESE Claimed:

?
Fat Rats Staked:

?
$CHEESE Remaining:

?
STAKE